Thursday 30 January 2014

A Grey Day

Hello everyone, thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my last post, very much appreciated as always.  I hope you are managing to stay warm today.  Here we have seen rain, sleet, and on higher ground, snow, it hasn't got light all day and it is so cold it feels raw.

But, there are some things that are definitely cheering up my day...


The scent is intoxicating...



This one should have been blue, but hey, it is still stunning....


Hyacynths... so beautiful, and especially on a day like today...


Little reminders that Spring isn't really too far away.  

Have a great evening!

Helenxx

6 comments:

  1. I have got some deep pink ones in the kitchen at the moment. Just one sniff transports me in to a sunny Spring garden - I can dream can't I?! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.. I love that pink hyacinth! Mine was white.. being such a color lover I was surprised.. yours is gorgeous and I wish I could smell it!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely i have lots of bulbs in pots but none in flower yet, keep warm
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gray here today, too, Helen. Your hyacinth is lovely. I have a little pot of iris growing inside, and I look forward to seeing them bloom! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have to hang onto things like this to get us through don't we. I think the rain is getting everyone down. I spotted some daffs on a roundabout yesterday so we are getting there. Hang on, as the song goes 'The sun will be out tomorrow' ha ha
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it makes you feel better it is cold and raining here in Florida for the third day in a row.
    Hugs and stay warm and dry,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!