Thursday 2 January 2014

Hearts in Cross Stitch

Good morning everyone, lovely to see some sunshine today, yesterday it was windy, wet and grey all day.  Mind you, not that it stopped the fun, we were tucked up cosy and warm at my Darling Mum's house enjoying a New Years Day meal together.  A great time was had by all!

During those in-between days I love so much at this time of year, I reverted to an old favourite craft of mine, cross stitch.  I learned to do this craft while at primary school, and whenever I have any decent amount of time I always go back to it.  You may remember my post from last year where I stitched up two cross stitch hearts supplied as free kits with a magazine.  I really enjoyed doing these little projects, and they have hung from what I lovingly call my "twiggy vase" all year.  So I got to thinking...wonder what freebies that magazine will do for this Christmas and, guess what???  Another heart kit!!!!!  So I bought the magazine in early December, and hid it away until the holidays.  My fingers were itching to get on with them, but I remained patient until December 27th.  Would you like to see the results?  Here we go then...


Each one depicts a snowflake, with each one being slightly different in colour or design:



and here are all three together:


 
I absolutely loved sewing these, they will join the two from last year, hanging from the twiggy vase. 
 
Although the festivities are now sadly over for another year, DH and I don't have to return to work until next Monday, we are really fortunate.  So still a few more days of being at home with the family.  We really appreciate these times as when back at work/school/college/uni it is really hectic around here.
 
Hoping all is well with you and yours!
 
Helenxx

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully crafted Helen

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love cross stitch and those hearts look wonderful, enjoy the rest of your break xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hearts are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hearts are darling, I love that you now have the time to work on them. I worked on Monday and Tuesday of this week, but now I am off until next Monday, it feels like Bliss!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet and perfect little gifts for Valentine's that don't make you fat ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so pretty. I love the colors in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very sweet, happy 2014! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty hearts, they are lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your cross stitch hearts.. bravo! I need to do some of that. But I'm still working on my grandson's blanket.. sheesh. I look forward to working on a new project. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, your work is beautiful, Helen! Thanks for letting us admire it. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the rest of your vacation days and that 2014 will be full of abundant blessings for you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely! So beautiful and such great detail. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those heart cross stitches are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!