Saturday 26 March 2011

Heart and chick, spring style

Good morning - well, after a glorious spring week (which I spent at work) guess what - grey and misty this morning!  But to keep in the spring mood I thought that I would post some photos of the things I made for Sue for the Spring Makes Me Sing Swap - we have already swapped our items so its safe to reveal all!!

Two hand sewn items, heart and chick:


I loved the spring themed ribbon I bought recently in Bradford:



And the chiffon flower decal I bought in Derby:


And then I made this cheeky little spring chick:



And of course there had to be a little bit of crochet thrown in:

The pattern for this super easy to do scarf can be found here at the lovely fruitful fusion blog.

Then I thought I would jazz up a gift bag to put the whole lot in:


I had the best time making all of these things and feel happy that they have gone to a good home!

Whatever you are doing or making this weekend, have a good one!

Helenxx

7 comments:

  1. Helen, they are absolutely gorgeous, and so much detail, I thoroughly enjoyed our swap, Thank- you so much, Have a great weekend, see you Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Sue!!! I love the heart and chick! They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely swap gifts! The chick and heart are so cheery and the crochet scarf is beautiful and very springlike!
    I'll let you know how I get on with the blueberries, hopefully we'll get lots!
    Have a great week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - you spotted some Sue makes :) I was lucky enough to be paired with her in the BloggyLove swap so have one of her painted tealight holders too :) Wonder if I'll get lucky a 3rd time??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet Spring makes, love that little chick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful creations Helen, I love that bright yellow in springtime!
    Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is just so pretty. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!