Sunday 11 January 2015

Blanket love

Hello everyone, hope the first full week of 2015 went well for you.  We went back to work, school, college and university this week, boy was it a shock on Monday morning!!  The week went reasonably well, thankfully, and here we are again on Sunday, and I realised I hardly had any time to read blogs, let alone post on mine. 

So I thought it high time I shared some photos of the lap blanket I made my Darling Mum as part of her Christmas gift.

I had to take photos just before gift wrapping it, so no fancy photography tricks I'm afraid!  Here it is on the back of my sofa...


The colours match her sofa and cushions, the yarn was self-patterning chunky weight so worked up nice and quickly...


She was very happy with it...


I am progressing well with my stash buster lap blanket, it has progressed beyond a huge granny square, and is now taking on a more rectangular shape.  It is so good to use all those scraps left from my 2014 challenge blanket.  Hopefully I will complete it in the next two weeks and then I can start my 2015 challenge blanket - some yarn has already been purchased as an in advance birthday treat from me to me!!  My birthday is actually tomorrow.  There has been quite a bit of furtive sneaking around the house this weekend, so don't know what the crew are up to!!

Have a lovely Sunday, hope the sun is shining where you are.

Helenxx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Helen, I bet this will keep your Mum and her cats cosy through this cold spell, still love the one I saw the other day mind you!!! Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
    What challenge blanket are you undertaking for 2015? I'm thinking about doing this one - http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/block-a-week-cal-2014/block-week-cal-2014/ I can't decide on the yarn or colours though! I'm not good at starting something where I can't see the finished item - I need to know I'm going to like it after so much hard work!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your mum was thrilled with it! lovely colours :) happy birthday for tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something so snuggly and comforting as a crochet blanket, especially when made for someone special - lovely happy colours. Hope all the furtive sneaking proves to be a lovely birthday surprise! enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blanket. Your mum must be thrilled....Happy New year 2015 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Helen, This will keep will keep your Mum cosy and warm during the winter months. Do love the rashberry pinks!!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to my dear friend! I am looking forward to what your family does to celebrate YOU! I hope you have a great day and.. take photos! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy Birthday for tomorrow!I worked full time teaching bot only had two children.How do you manage it with four?We all worked as team ,everyone helping.Hope you have a great day .Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaPpY bIrThDaY Helen! I hope your day tomorrow is wonderful and special. The blanket you made your Mom is beautiful. It looks very warm and cheerful. I look forward to seeing your challenge blankets too.
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Blanket is gorgeous bet it is lovely and warm.
    Happy Birthday
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Helen! I hope the day is just gorgeous for you :)
    I am your Send a Little Love Swap partner....flick me an email when you have time...sue.gordy1996@gmail.com. I do have a blog, but it is only about 5 posts long and you'll need to blow the cobwebs off...http://thelifeandtimesofsupersue.wordpress.com/. I have spent a happy hour reading yours, I think we will get along just fine! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Helen, love the fact your now older than me again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Helen! :-) I hope you had a wonderful day! The blanket you made for your mum is lovely, and it will be fun to see your new projects as you make progress on them. Hope your work week is a happy one...less shocking :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! Your mum's blanket is lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm all about the blanket love!!! Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pathetic of me reading this on a Tuesday! Love the blanket, the color is great and it looks very soft.
    Hugs and have a good week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a scrumptious blanket; love the colours... I just want to warp myself up in in it with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mum's blanket is lovely...such a special gift! Happy Birthday and wishing you a wonderful year ahead!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!