Sunday 4 January 2015

Lovely surprise!

Good morning everyone, hope you are enjoying the weekend.  We are slowly getting our head around the fact that it is back to work, school, college and university tomorrow.  The last 2 weeks have been wonderful, but have flown by far too quickly!  Oh well, only six weeks to half term...and we still have today to make the very most of!

Yesterday I had a lovely surprise all the way from America.  I heard the post arrive and was very pleased and excited indeed to see an envelope with this stamp...


and this sweet drawing in the corner...


This is what was inside the envelope...


A card from dear Teresa, my dear blogger friend!  I love the picture on the card, I think I am correct in saying that it is a photo of Teresa's fireplace in her lovely farm house, edited by the iphone or ipad watercolour app.  I think it is so effective...


Such a sweet message inside!


But that is not all - just look what Teresa made for me...


It is so intricate, absolutely stunning.


I am so delighted...


Teresa, thank you so, so much for thinking of me, I really do appreciate it.  The heart will be hung in my living room year round, it is too pretty to put away with the Christmas decorations!  I am so blessed to count you amongst my blog friends.

Bloggers really are the best!!

Helenxx

9 comments:

  1. There is something rather special about receiving a gift from another blogger isn't there. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! What a lovely card and gift, very special! :)
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear friend! I'm so glad my card and heart arrived to your door safely! Dayle took this to the post office for me and I was pleased to see they put such a pretty stamp on the envelope! I'm happy you like the heart and also that you will hang it to enjoy all year. I just love coming to your blog as it's happy and positive and you share such lovely images! I hope your coming year is full of joy and happiness. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Helen:
    I also received one of Teresa's pretty hearts and have it hanging right next to your heart in my living room. I love to think that each of us is thinking of each other whenever we see them. I know I remember both you and Teresa whenever I look at mine. I know the internet has it's darker side, but in my mind it's what you use it for-good OR bad. I have made the loveliest of friends through blogging. I'm so happy to have you all in my life.
    I hope your day at work tomorrow is an easy one and that you have a wonderful day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa is the very best, I ams o glad she sent you such a lovely present. You deserve it.
    Hugs and good luck getting back into the routine.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging is the best thing I stumbled across a few years ago. I didn't even know what blogging was then but what enjoyment it has given me with a wealth of new friends. Love your card and heart, how kind of Teresa. P x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used Teresa's pattern to make quite a few of those hearts. They turn out really well - I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely sweet card and gift! S xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!