Sunday 2 September 2012

I must go down to the seas again...

 
...to the lonely sea and sky
 
 
 
...and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by...
 
 
 
....I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide...is a wild call and a clear call, that may not be denied...
 
 
...and all I ask is a windy day, with the white clouds flying...and the flung spray, and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying...
 
I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.
 
taken from Sea Fever by John Masefield
 
 


11 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful - love how it fits with your gorgeous pictures!

    Yo ho indeed, a pirates life for me :)

    Take care, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing. It looks like you had a fab day by the sea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Helen, what a perfectly suitable poem....I love it and now you have me hankering for sand between by toes, a salty sea breeze and the cry of gulls wheeling over head.

    Your photos are just beautiful, Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love to be beside the sea!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and a I love the poem... I need to go to the sea again soon - I get withdrawals symptoms if I don't feel the sea breezes for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh - such lovely pictures.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about the autumn swap, sorry for not getting back to you before but we have been away, i can't wait to find out your likes and dislikes, my email address is madaboutbags(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk, look forward to hearing from you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love,love living near the sea-- It sings the sweetest song to my heart. Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Poem, it is one of my favourite and your photographs are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!