Friday 4 November 2011

Spooky goings on...

Morning all - I have finally got a day off from work!!!!  Woo hoo!!!!! (just a tad excited about this...) and am off for a jolly with my friend (aka partner-in-crime) Sue from @home.

But in the meantime I can finally update you with our end of October goings-on. Grab a cuppa and a biscuit!!

As mentioned in my last post my daughter did indeed bake up a storm when Sue and co came for dinner - here we have a Jack Skellington cake (we love Nightmare Before Christmas and all things Tim Burton) a very haunted gingerbread house and a yummy pumpkin pie:


Cupcakes, cookies and crispie cakes


Lashings of lentil soup was served up from this pumpkin
Friendly or fiendish?  You decide...

So the next evening, to wear off all this food, we went for a walk around our neighbourhood.  We always love to visit this street as there is an American family living there who always go to town decorating the house for the season

A groaning mummy greets any visitors brave enough to knock on the front door

This lady keeps watch on the proceedings

And spooky faces gleam from the front lawn

 All in all a wonderful couple of evenings with a wonderful bunch of friends!

Have a great Friday!

Helenxx

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great dinner party. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time.
    Have a lovely day today and a lovely weekend
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween looks lots of fun at your house!
    I can't wait to share all the creative fun with my grandson.
    Though I live in New York
    I grew up in Essex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very spooky indeed! Love the dea of a haunted gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!