Monday 8 December 2014

Christmas Crochet and Advent Calendar door 8

Hello everyone, hope all is going well in the run up to the Festive Season.

I am working on a crochet lap blanket for my Darling Mum - would you like to see a sneak peak? (don't worry, she doesn't go online so wont see!)


I love the variegated yarn - no two rows are exactly the same...


I think the colours are quite festive...


I am on 21 rows at the moment, I think 30 rows plus a decent border should just about do it.

On the back of my post yesterday, I thought it would be fun to remember Christmas card designs of the 1960s for my advent picture today - I love the simple shapes in the foreground in contrast to the colourful background...

 

Helenxx

10 comments:

  1. Good job on making that blanket! I just finished my alpaca silk shawl, so I can wear it to my DAR meeting tomorrow! Yay!!

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! This will be such a pretty blanket, what a great idea to pick the variegated yarn! (Please show us when it is finished!)
    I like your Xmas card!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crocheting squares in variagated yarn too, I have an almost identical blanket. Love the card image.
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be a very very beautiful blanket !!!

    http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blanket, and I love using variegated yarn too, makes the work less boring!
    Lovely picture - I too and a girl of the sixties (well sort of I was four 1960)
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours of the blanket it looks so pretty! Lovely card as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket is lovely but I adore that card! Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that your blanket will be received very happily. It's beautiful! The colors are so pretty together.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love colors of the afghan you're making for your Mum! I'm trying to finish two shrugs, two scarves, and a quilt before Christmas...can you say stressed! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Mum is just going to love it, perfect colors.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!