Friday 12 December 2014

Advent Calendar door 12

I have always wanted to go to a "proper" Christmas Market, like those they hold in Europe.  But have yet to get to one.

It is certainly something firmly on my "to do" list, and the one that I really want to go to is the one which is held in Helsinki...


What a setting, on the steps of the Cathedral.  It has long been a dream of mine to visit Finland - the home of Santa and wonderful Scandinavian design (Marimekko et al) and delightful cartoon characters (Moomins).   And of course, the seeing the Aurora Borealis would hopefully be another childhood dream realised.

One day, hopefully I will get to realise my dream!

Helenxx

9 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the Northern Lights too. One day hopefully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I hope you get to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to a summer market in Helsinki in that very spot and it was lovely, so I can just imagine how even more beautiful it would be at Christmas! And the Northern Lights are on my bucket list too.... sigh.. one day... :-) In the meantime, we'll just have to enjoy our local fayre!
    Hope you enjoyed Worcester - we're just 30mins up the road, so next time give me a shout in advance and maybe we can meet up for tea :-)
    Happy weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also wanted to go to a European Christmas market
    Never seen the film the Kranks..... sounds like a sort of film my one of my sons would like so I'll see if he has a copy
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you achieve your dream.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can put that on your bucket list and hopefully your dream will come true. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Northern lights are on my wish list of things I would like to see. I hope you make it to Finland one day, Helen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your dream will come true !!

    I can still remember when I saw the Northern Lights first time as a child, I was very afraid. We call the lights "Revontulet" in Finnish ( the lights of the fox) and I thought it had something to do with Indians :DDDDD

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!