Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmas and Snow

Hello everyone - I hope you had a great Christmas Day, and that you are continuing to enjoy the festive season.

We had a lovely time at my Darling Mum's house on the Big Day, 8 of us all together, laughing, eating good food, opening presents...

Santa had been very busy!



The drinks are alcohol free as we don't drink alcohol (we are quite lively enough without it LOL!!).  The day was judged to be "one of the best Christmasses ever".

The tree lights shone brightly...


And we were treated to a wintry sunset...


We went home in the evening, all tired but happy, and just sat and watched some films on TV.

Yesterday though I got up with a nasty pain in my shoulder (I have no idea how I managed to get it) and so had a fairly easy day at home.  I finished reading Little Women and re-read a book of Christmas stories by Dickens.  I made a big crock pot of veggie stew.  Dozed a bit in the armchair (painkillers probably helped with this!) only to be woken up by a commotion - it had started to snow...

  
The flakes became bigger and bigger...



and quite a large amount fell for this part of the UK.  The kids (even those in their twenties) got very excited about it! 

This morning, the sun is out and the sky is blue...


snow covers the garden...



little footprints adorn the fresh-fallen snow...


and my back feels much better so hopefully we will get out for a walk later on once everyone is up and about.

I hope you all have a lovely Saturday, whatever it is you are doing.

Helenxx

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are pain free today, so glad you had a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You can also enjoy the snow!
    I hope you are better now!
    Have a nice weekend (the last one of this year)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm sorry about your shoulder and hope that it continues to heal quickly. We have snow falling today and it is beautiful. We don't have to go anywhere so we can just enjoy it today. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a faboo Christmas you had.. and to top it off beautiful snow! Lucky! I hope your shoulder gets better fast. I hope to see more photos of your snow. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hritsmas day seems to be great ! and now the snow .... lucky ! Here it's raining again and again and so windy !!! I wiq you a lovely sunday ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a good christmas (except for the shoulder part!). The snow just finished it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!