Wednesday 6 August 2014

Moroccan Tile Crochet

Good afternoon everyone, hope the sun is shining wherever you are - it certainly is here!

I thought that I would share with you one of my crochet projects from this week, it is a square inspired by Moroccan tiles:




I decided upon choosing this pattern as I am visiting a very dear friend later on this week, and she loves everything Moroccan - good thing really as her husband is from there!  It was destined initially to be a pot holder (I had already gifted her one of my flower crochet potholders) but then another idea popped into my head - why not applique the square to a plain cushion?  So I jumped into the car and nipped over to our nearby Pondon Mill shop and got a nice plain cushion, slipped off the cover, and stitched the square to the front of it.  Popped the cushion back into the cover and this is what I ended up with:


What do you think?  I rather liked it and now I am thinking that potholder patterns can be very usefully employed for other things!  Potholders are such lovely things to make, doesn't take too long to arrive at a completed product and is also easily portable.  This pattern came from the recent edition of Simply Crochet - I don't buy this magazine every month, but the Moroccan patterns inside looked very interesting so treated myself to a copy...


There are 3 tiles in total to make, so watch this space - think I might have to make all three for a set of cushions for our sofas!


Before gift-wrapping it, I took a quick photo of the cushion lounging on my crafting chair...


I have to admit to being very pleased with it! I did have to alter the pattern slightly as some of it just didn't work, and I changed the border to include some picot edging.  But all in all, a nice little project for an afternoon.  Just hope she likes it!

Helenxx

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen Moroccan crochet before, it looks interesting.
    sure your friend will love the cushion.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, what a good idea to add crochet in this way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely pattern and gorgeous colors!
    Have a great week,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!