Sunday 2 February 2014

"Memories..."

."..light the corners of my mind...misty water coloured memories, of the way we were..."


time for some nostalgia - this time a year ago my DH and I were flying off to Spain, to see the amazing sights of Granada.  We were celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary, and we had always dreamed of going to see the Alhambra.  Oh my goodness, how we fell in love with Granada, the Alhambra, and Spain itself.  We enthused so much about it that my dearest friend went over last April, and felt the same.

She has just returned from another trip to Spain, this time she visited the beautiful city of Cordoba - somewhere DH and I are hoping to visit fairly soon.  And, being the wonderful friend that she is, she bought me this:


it is a lovingly hand made tealight holder


decorated with crescent moon and stars, so evocative of the Islamic architecture in Spain that we love so much.


I love the way the candle light glows from the cut out shapes, and love the colour of the glaze.

She also bought this back for me, will help a lot with our planning, a big full colour map of Cordoba


Thank you so, so much Sue for these lovely treats, very much appreciated!

So, for now, I will have to make do with gazing at the photo on my desktop....


"if we had the chance to do it all again, tell me - would we?  Could we?"*  Oh most certainly, yes!!

Helenxx

Songwriters: Hamlisch, Marvin, "The Way We Were" sung by Barbara Streisand

5 comments:

  1. What an evocative blog post! That movie.. was so sad in the end. What a nice friend to bring you those gifts! I do hope you get to go back there.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for your happy memories, Helen! The candle Sue sent you is uniquely pretty, and what fun to plan a possible return trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, may I wish you a happy 26th wedding anniversary then? I also hope that you are able to make another trip to Spain soon--the detail on the buildings is pretty amazing!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you liked your pressie, and what an amazing 26 years you have had.
    SueXxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Spain! We have a long time family friend there who we visited many years ago. Madrid, Segovia and Toledo are the places we visited. So much to see and do. Beautiful! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!