Saturday 8 February 2014

Anniversary Rose (and Crochet Blanket Challenge week 6)

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well and enjoying the start of the weekend.

It has been a funny week here, feeling a bit under the weather (to such an extent I couldn't make my weekly craft night meet up with Sue) and generally tired.

But this week (on Wednesday to be precise) it was my 26th Wedding Anniversary.  DH was working away.  I arrived home from work to find the kids looking extremely furtive and giggly.  A very large gift bag was given to me by eldest son - what's this?  It has the Interflora logo on it...and a card from DH...

After some wrangling with the bag this beautiful object emerged....


Such utter perfection in this rose - do you like the little heart gem that had been so carefully added to the petals...


All presented in a lovely vase, which will, of course be used again and again...


I love the little gold heart attached to the vase.  So even after the rose has faded I will have a permanent reminder of our 26th Anniversary.

We are hoping to have a belated celebration the week after next when we are both on holiday from work.  But in the meantime this fabulous rose is filling the living room with a gentle, subtle perfume.  I am feeling very spoiled!

And, whilst I am here, I thought I had better update re. my crochet squares and progress this week - just two again, but still ahead of my "one-a-week" target :)


36 squares in total.

Have a great weekend, DH is having to do some work at home this weekend (due to the afore-mentioned planned week off ) so I think I will take some time to relax, read and craft.

Helenxx

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, gorgeous rose. Hope you are feeling better. Can you send me your address so I can send your swap off please. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I have just sent you an email.

      Helenxx

      Delete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :) What a beautiful rose, I am not surprised why you are thrilled with it.
    Way to go on the squares too. Have a relaxing few days xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! lovely, lovey present from your husband. Hope you are feeling better today and have time to rest.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your visit to my blog... yes, do get to Greenwich (my favourite part of London!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, it's nice to know there is still some romantics about.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and happy anniversary Helen....beautiful...beautiful rose which says everything!!! enjoy!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you both Helen, how lovely to receive such a beautiful rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* and what a thoughtful, lovely gift! I hope you feel all better soon. In time for your holiday! Your projects are looking great! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary from all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Helen! The rose and vase are a perfect gift to help your celebration. Hope you are feeling better and are able to rest up while you craft this weekend. It is still snowing here and I am glad to be able to be cozy in side and knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated anniversary. So lovely that your husband was able to surprise you even when he was away. I need to start making granny squares again. So satisfying! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!