Saturday 1 October 2011

Creative henna

Hello again lovely bloggers, hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Recently I went to visit a dear dear friend of mine who lives "up north" in the fine Republic of Yorkshire.  We do so enjoy getting together, our daughters are very close friends too.

Anyroad up (as they say in Yorkshire) my friend is quite the creative wizard when it comes to applying henna.  First we choose a pattern we liked the look of:

Then we get the henna paste - its often ready made in a tube like this:

And then you get a great friend to make a start..


You need a very steady hand...


to get great results like these...



I think these would make great embroidery patterns!

A big thank you to my friend (the henna artist) and my daughter (the model).

Helenxx


5 comments:

  1. Quite agree Hennah would make a great embroidery pattern.
    It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern :) have a great weekend.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Yorkshire too. I love the henna patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funthing to do. I agree with the henna making a great pattern. Love your crochet from your previous post.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looked wonderful, when I saw it. Are you going to do some embroidery now?
    Sue Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!