Monday 25 May 2015

Winter Forest lap blanket project completed

Morning everyone!

Here in the UK it is a bank holiday it is so nice Not to have to rush out for work on a Monday morning :-)

Before our trip to Jordan I finished a stash busting project: a  lap blanket using scraps left from my 2014 blanket.

I have called it my winter forest lap blanket, would you like to see?




Here is the whole thing...

It is basically a huge granny square with extra rows at two sides to make it into a rectangle.  Just trial and error  but I am pleased with how it turned out.  Just right on chilly spring evenings when a big blanket is a tad too much.

Mind you it is chilly and dull this morning,I have lit  a candle on the mantlepiece just to cozy things up a little...


I am now working on another big blanket project,14 out of 30 biiiig squares completed far.  Hopefully back soon to show my progress!

Helenxx



6 comments:

  1. Lovely blanket, wonderful colours
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!! I love the name too, it is just perfect!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely the colours are very calming.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is really lovely. The colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blanket and smart to add on both ends to make a rectangle. I sure have enjoyed my ripple lap blanket. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful blanket. We've had a couple of chilly, rainy days too but we desperately need the rain here, unlike Houston who is getting flooded. Why does it have to be too little or too much? :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!