Wednesday 12 November 2014

Bonfire Night

Hello everyone, well, it is November and my daughter and I have succumbed to the silly season of illness - both croaking and snuffling. 

Thankfully though we were both fine on Sunday evening when we went over to my bestest friend Sue's place to celebrate Bonfire Night.  She has a lovely big garden where we can light a big bonfire...


can you see the moon in the background just behind the apple tree?  Here is a blurred closeup of it...


 I love bonfires.  Staring into the flames and smelling the wood smoke, brings back so many memories.  Every Saturday afternoon in the Autumn and Winter my Dad would have a bonfire in our garden when I was little.  By the time it was dark, the fire would have burnt down to the embers, and he used to rake these so that the fire would go out - but for a few moments the embers would glow like stars - I thought this was magical as a small child. 



Sue had cooked up a storm, lots of yummy treats were provided...


and a fine array of fireworks assembled...


I love fireworks...


As more wood was added to the fire, the sparks went flying into the dark November sky...


More fireworks dazzled...


The moon re-appeared from behind the clouds...


And of course we had to have fun with sparklers...


 
Thank you Sue for another lovely Bonfire Night celebration.  Now hoping that me and DD are well enough to visit our local street fair with you tomorrow evening!
 
Helenxx



10 comments:

  1. wow these pictures bring back fond memories. I remember the days we used to go camping in the forest, make bonfires and talk long into the nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good campfire, too. When we go camping at Waldo Lake we enjoy them in the evenings, for making s'mores and roasting hotdogs and for singing around. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Sounds so nice with the bonfire night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great fun seeing some photos of your celebration, Helen! Glad you had a good time and I am wishing you and yours well so you can enjoy even more. Two of our household are fighting off coughs. But today we are snug at home while it rains/sleets/snows/ices and I plan to stop typing and start stitching :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful evening, so glad you were not ill for it. Now rest and bet better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time was had by all. You and I have been partnered in Tracy (Mad About Bags) Christmas Cracker swap, please email me joy@treetopsystems.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a great time
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. I hope since I am a little late reading blogs that by now you're feeling better. Your bonfire looks like fun! We have them all the time when we're at the lake in the summer.

    I have opened your wonderful package to me and I adore everything in it. The doily button is so cute and I'm pondering what to make with the yarn. The chocolate will disappear very quickly too. Too bad Miss Piper missed playing with the shapes but I'll think up a way to use them too. Thank you so much for everything.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!