Monday 16 March 2015

Mother's Day Blessings

Good morning, I hope you had a good weekend and, if you were celebrating, enjoyed Mothers Day.

I was very blessed, and had some lovely gifts from my "crew" -

I hadn't seen this book before, it is absolutely gorgeous, will be making some things from it soon I hope...


A super new oven glove, mine had become unbearably tatty and threadbare after many years of hard grafting...


And look what sneaks in at the bottom of the photo...

 
 
Darling Daughter had been baking up a storm, a lemon Swiss roll...
 


Her cakes are always wonderful, but this one has to be up there with the best she has ever made...




DH bought me a lovely bunch of flowers, still tightly in bud at the moment...

but some of the cherry blossom buds are emerging...


I spent the latter part of the morning visiting my Darling Mum, who is feeling much better again after another recent bout of illness.  Her strength and optimism is an inspiration.  She and my brother then came round for dinner, cooked as always in stylish fashion by DH.  We all enjoyed it immensely, home cooked meals shared with family really is a wonderful thing I think.

All in all a day full of blessings and happy times, thanks to my crew! I feel very thankful.

Hope you have a lovely start to the week, Helenxx

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had a wonderful day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if your Mother's Day was a wonderful one. I love your gifts and that cake. Oh. My. Goodness. That cake looks wonderful. Your daughter is a very talented lady.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you all had and you are SO lucky that your daughter made you such a special cake! You are obviously very loved. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice Mother's Day celebration! Happy to hear your mom is doing better! That lemon cake looks and sounds delicious!
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you were appropriately adored. So glad you had wonderful family time.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely children you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful family you have.....such a Happy Mother's Day! Your gifts look lovely, and the cake really delicious.
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day! Hope all is well. Happy Friday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!