Saturday 18 May 2013

Into the Valley....

...betrothed and divine...oh for the heady days of 1977!!  I'm sure those of you of a "certain age" will remember a band called The Skids who came up with those lines.

But the Valley I went into on my holidays was the Jordan Valley.  I had never been there before and was amazed to see how wonderfully green it all was


After driving on for a little while we came upon the ruins of the Roman city of Pella.  It was one of the 10 Cities of the Decapolis.  Such a stunning location, tucked into the hillside...







Just had to take a photo of this sign, it made me smile.... reminds me of my days as a graphic design student when, after hours of painting 8pt lettering by hand a spelling mistake was spotted....


I loved these gates, they marked the entrance to an ancient mosque and graveyard


And just as we were about to bid farewell and head off back to base we were treated to this wonderful sunset


I so loved my time in Jordan, and just can't wait to visit again.  One of my relatives flew out there this week, wish I could have hitched a ride!!

Have a great weekend. Helenxx

5 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures, what an adventure you have been on!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and what a trip!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The landscape reminds me of places I have seen in California, but the history of the Jordan Valley is so excitingly different. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the ruins, the gate, the sign :-), and sunset, too, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The antiquity of that place is amazing.. I would love to see it someday. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Into the valley- I cannot read that with out singing it to The Skids! Looks like an amazing place, with some fantastic views and history. So completely different to here.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!