Tuesday 3 July 2012

Olympic Torch visits my home town!!

Hi everyone, just a quick post - what a day! Our town came to a standstill as the olympic torch relay came to visit us!  I was so excited.   I took a video of the torch bearer, so the following photo is courtesy of the good old BBC



 It was a very moving thing to actually see the torch "for real" - its something I have always wanted to see.  We took our students to watch, they had a great time and behaved really well.  All in all, a lot of fun was had by all!

If you would like to see more/better pics, please visit my Good Friend Sue's Olympic post

Come on team GB :)  do us proud!!

Helenxx

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it fantastic, we came home and watched live coverage as it went around the rest of the town :)
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for visiting my blog! We had the Torch visit us last week- it threw it down with rain but that didn't 'dampen' (sorry bad joke!) the atmosphere one bit! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!